Action speaks louder than words.

by Helen Denney-Stone on 18 November, 2012

Show me – don’t tell me.

Action speaks louder than words Harvard University proves it so….

It is an old saying I am sure one you have heard many times before :- “Action speaks louder than words.”
Do you believe it? – – Yes ..
But do you DO it??

Harvard University carried out a study where the students at the time were questioned about who had goals. Not surprisingly, virtually everyone said they did. They were then asked how many had put their goals into writing.

The answer was only 3% of the group.

The study was followed up 30 years later – and what was found was that the 3% that had written down their goals were worth more than the other 97% combined.

This goes hand in hand with the mathematicians and statisticians that state that only 3% will achieve and that 97% will spend their retirement struggling with financial issues.

So be honest now – Do you write down your goals, or create a vision board where your goals are in pictures and words?

Most people have not, even though most people, when asked, want to do well, but when asked what is their goal – they more often than not give a vague statement like “ I just want to make lots of money”

Thing is this is a “fluffy” goal, which is as bad or as useless or no goal at all!

Here are 6 facts you need to know to create a goal that will eventuate into reality.

You need to know what you want  – sounds silly? Well most people can not actually describe what they really want!

Your goal needs to be specific, precise, focused on exactly what you want, in every detail.

Your goal needs to be measurable – how will you know when you have achieved this goal.

Your goal needs to be actioned – no point having a dream if when you define the route you need to take to get that dream – all you do is sit on the couch!

Your goal needs to be realistic – even with the biggest goals they can be broken into realistic parts.

Your goal needs to be timed – when will you have achieved that goal, completed that task.

Your intention to experience wealth directly depends on your mindset – change the way you look at things and things you look at change. This is one of the Secrets to attracting an abundance of money and real wealth into your life and that of your family.

This is one of the reasons that Vision Boards are so successful, not only are you refining your goals and stating your goals, you are visualising those goals and putting them down on a board in picture and word form. So you get to look at you life as if you have already achieved it then as you change the world changes for you.

Having clarity over your goals, putting a clear vision together and taking action are the essential keys to success.

“It is not always our abilities that hold us back, it is often our
   lack of courage to act”

Choice I challenge you now!

Just try it!  – Write your goal down, get the images associated with that dream and stick them somewhere you see them every day.

If I was a betting lady, I would bet you, that you will be writing thanking me in the near future. I look forward to your email.

Go on I dare you!!

Want to know more on goal setting and how to take action – how you can create your destiny then visit us Now!

This post was written by...

– Co-Founder and Creator of Binspired2.

Helen Denney-Stone, mentor, author and coach. She has studied and observed cognition and behavioural sciences for over a decade and is considered an expert on human behaviour and personal transformation. A specialist in entrepreneurial business, internet marketing and sales psychology, her expertise give an unbeatable blend of psychology and internet marketing.

Contact the author

Previous post:

Next post: